Thursday, July 21, 2011

Coupon Binder

So today I have decided to change things up a little . . . I have decided to blog about my coupons.  I just love my coupons.  Coupons are an everyday part of my life.  It's so funny because people ask me how many hours a week I put into doing couponing and I really can't answer that question.  I enjoy doing this so much that I have never really sat down and counted down the hours.  Anyhow, instead of me trying to explain everything to you I figured it would be easier to show you with pictures.  So here we go!  :) 

This is my coupon binder.  I like the case-it binders.  They seem to hold up the best out of all of the binders.  They also have a zipper enclosure so that helps keep all of the coupons in the binder.  You can buy the Case-It binders on their website or at Walmart.

Inside of the Case-It it has a file area (on the left side) and I put all of my shopping lists along with my matching coupons in the files.  On the right side you can see my pencil pouch.  Below you will see everything that I carry inside of my pencil pouch.

There are a million and one ways to organize your coupons.  I happen to come across an amazing website called krazycouponlady.com.  She has come up with a way to organize coupons (the table of contents is pictured above) and it makes the most sense to me. 

I use baseball card holders to hold all of my coupons.  There again there are many, many ways for  people to organize their coupons.  This one works for me. 

I made my own tabs for my binder to make it easier for me to find coupons while I am shopping.

I carry my binder with me everywhere.  In the back of my binder I carry a copy each stores coupon policy.  These has been a few times where the cashier didn't know the stores coupon policy and I just so happened to have a copy of that stores coupon policy and it came it very handy.

Also in my binder I have an envelope called rewards.  These are the rewards that you get at the bottom of your receipt for your next visit I believe that rite aid calls them up rewards and so on.  I keep all of the stores in one envelope so it makes them easy to find.

These are the items that I keep in my pencil pouch.  I would be lost without my paper clips.  I paper clip EVERYTHING!  LOL

Every week I buy 5 news papers.  4 newspapers I cut up and 1 I keep uncut.  The uncut set of coupons I keep in a separate binder in my office.  Sometimes I can't find a specific coupon in my big binder so I look up the date on which the item was published and find the coupon in the uncut booklet and make sure that coupon as published in our region.  If it was published in our region then then I am able to go back and see what the coupon looks like and then go back into my big binder to find it.  For some reason this process really works for me.  ??

I just made this binder for my BFF for her Birthday.  She was the one who got me into couponing, but she never has time to make herself a binder so I made her a starter kit.  She's always wanted one and I can't wait until I can give it to her!

This is the inside of her binder!

I use a 3 inch binder for my coupons.  I have that thing filled to the max!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment