Monday, July 18, 2011

i rock Tool for Paper Crafting

So tonight around dinner time (of course) the power goes out.  So running out of ideas to do while the kids played with their toys and my Husband played Angry Birds on his cell phone I got the idea to play with my new i rock crystal and stud heat-setting tool by Imaginisce.  I purchased this tool to be able to add some bling to my scrap booking pages or cards.  I purchased this as a package I got the i rock tool, crystal studs, stencil kit and an i rock apron.  Anyhow, tonight I decided to bling out some butterflies.  They turned out very cute.  The i rock will take a little time to figure out exactly how long to put the heat onto the stud so the glue won't melt outside of the stud/crystal.  If you hold it to long then the you will see the glue on the project, but if you hold it for the perfect amount of time (I found around 10 seconds) then you won't see any glue and your project looks great!  It's a fun little tool to play with.  It's most definitely something to keep away from the kids due to the heat that the tip of the setter lets off.  Here are some photos of me playing around with the i rock!
The i rock.

This is to show you the size of the i rock.  It's very lightweight and compact.  Perfect for taking to craft get togethers.  It's cordless.  It takes 3 AA Batteries.

This is a bottle at the crystals come in. 

The i rock setting the crystals onto the butterfly.

The finished butterfly with the crystals going down it's body.




1 comment: